Greenfly Co-founder and Chairman Shawn Green joined The Game Plan podcast to talk about starting and building Greenfly after his storied Major League Baseball career, the present and future success of the company, and more.
He noted to hosts Jay Kapoor and Tim Katt that Greenfly has entered the marketplace at the right time, discussing the early success for Greenfly in sports:
"The game of baseball, as well as the other sports, has realized pretty quickly instead of trying to pull the eyeballs to the actual broadcast, if they can reach the eyeballs on social -- wherever they're getting that interest in their sport, it's all good. And the most interest now is (with) individual players."
Green also talked about how Greenfly has rapidly expanded its customer base well beyond sports, with more businesses finding a great need for Greenfly’s brand advocacy platform:
"What's exciting is the engagement and usage of our customers...The opportunity is huge to give this tool to different types of businesses that have the same challenges that a (league) has. They want to get the content out to the best channels and that's what Greenfly is here for."
- His favorite player growing up
- What other MLB peers and ex-teammates are doing now
- Starting Greenfly, including a pilot with the Toronto Blue Jays and Sportsnet
- The need to deliver authentic and consistent brand content on social
- How Greenfly is doing for brand advocacy and content collaboration what Slack has done for workplace collaboration
- The growing diverse clientele of Greenfly and variety of use cases
- The fundraising process with investors
Thanks again to The Game Plan for having our company founder on the show!