The Greenfly platform is a private network for exchanging media with groups of advocates, like athletes, staff, sponsors, and ambassadors. Here are how the core functions of the platform can benefit your sports team, league, or association.
Suggested Social Posts
TNT’s All-Elite Wrestling activated over 75 athletes, helping the organization reach an additional 3.2M+ followers on Instagram alone. The athletes shared 700 suggested social posts with their fans, helping the brand drive tune-in to the broadcast and further expose the brand organically. Posts made by athletes received over 300% more video views than the brand’s own Twitter account when posting the same content.
- 3X Increased brand reach
- 300% increased post engagement
- Improved brand trust through advocate endorsement
- On-brand messaging assurance
- Improved talent relations
French football club Paris Saint-Germain saw a massive uptick in activity after configuring personal galleries for their players. With instant access to high-quality media after each game and training, including photos and video highlights, players increased their engagement with team content and on social media. Their Instagram accounts had an 85% increase in Instagram engagement with Greenfly.
- Personal Galleries contain photos and videos of only that player
- 21,000 media assets downloaded
- Expanded the reach and exposure of team content, including sponsor marks
- More posts from players thanks to ease of content access
After the National Lacrosse League launched Greenfly a few months into the 2019-2020 season, they used Event Galleries to make video highlights and photos available to clubs and players immediately after each game. The NLL and its clubs posted 46% more on Instagram using this content, and saw a 32% increase in interactions on photos.
- Immediate access to game content for athletes
- Clubs posted 46% more on Instagram with access to much more media
- Increased brand exposure and organic engagement with fans
Remote Video Capture
The Premier Lacrosse League used Greenfly’s remote video capture in a number of ways, driving great value for the league. They requested videos from players to activate corporate partnerships with specific script reads or creative briefs, had their rookies answer a list of questions after being drafted, collaborated with players and coaches on league promotional content, and more.
- Player endorsements drove sponsor revenue
- Players conducting interviews increased fan engagement on social networks
- Scaled social media sponsorships to include all 75 players
- Saved time, money, and resources on original content creation
Enterprise-wide Media Collection
World Surf League saw immediate benefits from Greenfly +Connect, with all video clips produced from the WSC Sports video automation system automatically updating Greenfly galleries. WSL was able to route over 1,300 videos automatically to athletes in just the first four months. This helped increase video posts on Instagram by 29% on the league account, and over 22% for surfers’ pages year-over-year.
- Content collection from DAMs, cloud storage systems, FTP and video editing suites
- 29% increase in video social posts
- Smart automation enabled real-time personalized content distribution
- Added value and utility for its production infrastructure investments
- Expanded reach and exposure of brand content on relevant organic channels
DAM System Integration
Kansas State Athletics utilized Greenfly +Connect to integrate Greenfly with Photoshelter. They automatically routed over 12,000 assets into custom galleries in the first week from the Photoshelter DAM to Greenfly galleries using configurable routing rules. KState Men’s Basketball showed incredible results with the increased availability of media for players.
- 84% more Instagram interactions for student-athletes
- 220% more video views
- 51% increase in follower growth
- Over 60,000 assets automatically moved from Photoshelter into Greenfly galleries
- Enabled student-athlete access to media with no additional staff
- Augmented branding for student-athletes and enhanced recruiting efforts
World Surf League utilized Greenfly’s Messaging to communicate directly and securely with its different groups of athletes. Surfers asked questions, requested content, and the parties collaborated around content creation and share requests. Messages were even used to thank each other for helping to send, receive, share, and post content — significantly enhancing league-athlete relationships.
- Enhanced relationship and cooperation with valued athletes
- Improved outcomes around content creation and sharing with athletes
- Served as a hub for athletes to provide timely information, ask questions, request content, and more
Analytics and Reporting
With Greenfly’s Dashboards, one pro sports league was able to track and analyze the content sharing and downloading activity of all its players. This allowed them to identify players most likely to co-create content for their league and partner channels, and measure the effectiveness of their player engagement program. These highly social players helped lead the way to educate more players on the power of building their personal brands.
- League could identify most engaged players and those most open to content collaboration
- Measured the increase in player social posting and content usage over time
- Tracked social media platform sharing trends among players
Bulk Content Collection and Sharing
Germany’s top football league, the Bundesliga, used Greenfly to collect content from all of their league games. This content was uploaded into Greenfly, where teams, staff and partners could access it immediately to share on digital and social channels. The league’s scaled content collection and sharing resulted in high-quality content enjoyed by fans and followers of the league’s clubs and partners.
- Over 2,000 unique photos and videos per month from games
- Nearly 100 live content creators uploading content onto Greenfly
- Up-close and behind-the-scenes content they couldn’t get before
- Access to high-quality original content for the league, teams, players and media partners
Fan Generated Content
The Milwaukee Bucks did something special for superstar Giannis Antentokoumpo’s birthday, collecting birthday messages for him from fans through Greenfly. They received over 100 unique responses that they edited into a surprise birthday video, which earned over a million views on social media and was re-shared by Giannis himself.
- Over 1,000,000 views of a single video created by the Bucks, derived from UGC
- Activated a player birthday in a more authentic and engaging way
- The video was endorsed by the athlete and re-shared to his social channels
- Deepened the relationship between fans, team, and the player